LA SALLE-URL JOINS THE CITY’S ENTREPRENEURIAL ECOSYSTEM IN ORGANISING TECH SPIRIT BARCELONA
A spontaneous initiative has stepped in to help remedy the cancellation of the Mobile World Congress and the 4YFN with numerous stakeholders from the business, political and educational sectors of Catalonia getting involved, including La Salle-URL. Tech Spirit Barcelona is to try to help fill the gap left by the cancelled macro event and showcase the excellent health of the entrepreneurial sector in the city, though it doesn’t claim to be an alternative or substitute: this is a one-off event that will be held only this year, but which aims to keep open the extensive calendar of meetings and activities of this week, which is key for Barcelona’s entrepreneurial ecosystem. The event will be held from 23 to 27 February and will bring together 2,500 people at the main event and more than 10,000 people at the 50 parallel activities included in the programme.
La Salle-URL has supported Tech Spirit Barcelona by organising up to seven activities linked to the entrepreneurship event:
- Visit by the Brazilian Government Delegation to the Barcelona 22@ District – Monday 24/02, at 9.30 a.m.
- Meeting of start-ups with Consorci de la Zona Franca de Barcelona – Tuesday 25/02, at 12 noon.
- Lean Launchpad USA Experience debate with Jerome S. Engel and The MWC Collider – Wednesday 26/02, 12 noon
- Innovation Projects: The Next Frontier, celebrating 20 years of the Master’s in Project Management– Wednesday 26/02, at 6 p.m.
- La Salle Executive Program Venture Capital and Corporate Investors, taught by Jerome S. Engel – Between Wednesday 26/02 and Saturday 29/02
- Inauguration of the Internet of Things Institute of Catalonia, a project financed by the European ERDF fund – Thursday 27/02, at 9.30 a.m.
- Welcome and Networking with International Investors – Thursday 27/02, at 7 p.m.
Tech Spirit Barcelona is an initiative organised by Barcelona Tech City, the Barcelona City Council, Catalan Government, Mobile World Capital Barcelona, Consorci de la Zona Franca de Barcelona, the Barcelona Chamber of Commerce, the Spanish Government and other public and private institutions. In addition to the activities led by La Salle-URL, many others will be organised, from presentations on innovation and transformation with Ferran Adrià to meetings with international experts and top level companies.